Parish Representative Coordinator Report
Cursillo Weekend #135 – As Of March 12, 2017
- A total of 24 parishes participated in Cursillo #135, Feb 2017, sending 27 Pilgrims and 45 Team members.
- Two parishes sent their first Pilgrims in over 13 years: St Peter’s Cathedral, St. Petersburg and Good Shepherd, Venice; each sent one Pilgrim.
- Across the Diocese of SW Florida, 31 parishes (or about 40% of the parishes in the diocese) have not sent a Pilgrim to a Cursillo Weekend within the past 10 or more years. These churches represent an estimated (based on 2015 parochial reports) Average Sunday Attendance (ASA) of 4440 people (or about 35% of the total 2015 ASA for the diocese) who have not received any of the potential benefits of having an active Cursillo Ministry.
- Of the 10 most active parish Cursillo Ministries spanning 2004-2013 (‘Legacy’ period), seven sent Pilgrims to Weekend #135. Of these, two parishes, St James House of Prayer, Tampa and St. Anne of Grace, Seminole, sent their first Pilgrims in over four years.
- The 13 most active parish Cursillo Ministries in the period spanning 2014-2017 (‘Current’ period) represent a combined 2015 ASA of 3165 parishioners and sent 6% of their combined congregations as Pilgrims over this time period. Six of these parishes sent over 10% of their individual ASA as Pilgrims between Feb 2014 and Feb 2017; four of these six sent 19% or more.
- During 2014-2017, 23 parishes sent at least 12 participants to Weekends as either Pilgrims or Team Members. Of these parishes, three sent many more Pilgrims than Team Members (ratios of 4:1 or higher); six parishes sent many more Team Members than Pilgrims (ratios of 4:1 or higher); with the remainder sending a more evenly divided mix of Team-to-Pilgrim ratios.
Parish Rep Coordinator
Parish Representative Coordinator Report March 12, 2017